15 Ways that he Pre-tribulation Rapture doctrine has failed…
1. Paul tells the bride of Christ how to get ready ON EARTH for when Jesus come with all of His saints… 1 Thess. 3:12,13 The dead in Christ rise first that those are the saints who Jesus is returning with for His bride. The bride makes herself ready by “the righteous acts of the saints.” Those acts cannot be accomplished in heaven. They must be accomplished on Earth.
2. The Scriptures that tells us that “no one knows the day or the hour” ALWAYS reference the SECOND COMING… ex. Matt. 24:36…”of that day, no one know the day or the hour…” Which day? They one just described in vs. 29-31,35… “immediately after the tribulation…”
3. Jesus tells us that He will return “Like a thief” Rev. 16:15, 2 Peter 3:10. This references the SECOND COMING. If He were to come 7 years prior in a Pre-tribulation rapture fashion He would have made Himself into a liar on the nature of HOW He declared He would come, “Like a thief…”
4. Jesus return is NOT imminent. Paul tells us two things that must happen first before we can be gathered together with Him… 1) A great apostasy must take place and 2) the anti-christ must be revealed… 2 Thess. 2:1-3. CAN YOU NAME or POINT OUT who the anti-christ is? NO, because he hasn’t been revealed yet. At this point you can only speculate.
5. The wrath of God is not temporal… it is eternal. We are not appointed to wrath…. BUT to SALVATION and forever living with Him. 2 Thess 5:9 AND 10. This same Greek word is used in the book of Rev. 3 times… Rev. 6:16,17 where MAN declares it, and Rev. 11 where GOD declares His wrath by judging the dead with eternal hell.
6. Jesus declares that He is STILL coming “Like a thief…” for those who are watching after the tribulation… Rev. 16:15. The view must relocate this Scripture to another location otherwise God would have been pouring out His wrath upon His own people. Thus twisting the Word of God to fit their agenda.
7. The tribulation saints… this is a very interesting doctrine. Tribulation saints cannot be the bride because the bride is supposed to already be raptured. Therefore, a NEW body of saints must be created to accommodate this doctrine making us no longer one body in Christ Jesus, but multiple.
8. Luke 21:36 Here the view ASSUMES that the word “escape” means rapture. For the Pretrib view to work, it must change the Word of God concerning salvation. We are saved by grace and not of works, yet we can only be raptured by praying always and our worthiness. The pretrib view must state (in light of Luke 21:36) that only the worthy saints are raptured and not everyone who is saved. Thus putting the unworthy into a tribulation saint category. Thus removing their “bride” status because they can no longer be the bride. The view tells us that the tribulation saints become eternal servants of the bride… thus elevating them greater than the bride, because he who is greatest in the kingdom is a servant of all…
9. Jesus didn’t blow off the disciples question in Matt. 24:3, and Mark 13. The disciples asked, “When will these things be…” What things? The destruction of the temple where not one stone is left upon another… 70 AD. The pretrib view sees ALL of what Jesus answers as futuristic suggesting that Jesus blew off the disciples question, and presents their accordingly.
10. The view must make light of the only places the New Testament Scripture refers to the MYSTERY surrounding the last trumpet… 1 Cor. 15:51,52 and Rev. 10:7
11. The view tells us that the bride is in heaven for the tribulation, however the Word tells us that she is making herself ready on Earth. Paul tells her how to make herself ready for when Jesus comes with all of His saints (who have died and risen first) to present her to the Father… 1 Thess. 3:12:13 She makes herself ready by her righteous acts… these acts must be preformed on Earth, therefore she cannot be making herself ready in Heaven, but on Earth.
12. To separate the Rapture event from the Second Coming event the pre-trib view has no alternative except to just flat out lie about it. It’s one thing to use opinion, assumptions and conjecture, but to present their lists of differences attempting to make the events two, it’s just one lie after another, making up their own scripture where it doesn’t exist.
13. The church of Philadelphia FULFILLED a contingency causing them to be worthy to escape the “hour of temptation”. The pretrib view tells us there is no contingency. The church just escapes it all through rapture… Rev. 3:10
14. 1 Thess. 4:18 tells us to “comfort one another with these words.” This is a wonderful thing, however the pretrib doctrine tells us the comfort is in escaping tribulation and not in the context. We see in the context specified as the fact that we are resurrected from the dead and forever live with Him. What is not understood is that the Sadducees taught that there was no resurrection from the dead. The sorrow was a result of their teaching. Jesus tells us to have “good cheer” and “peace” concerning our assignment to tribulation… John 16:33
15. When the 5 unwise virgins were told “I never knew you”, they were also told to go to Hell. They were not told that they would be given a second chance as tribulation saints. See Matt. 25
to be continued…